Monday, April 27, 2009

Week 10-Tags/Social Bookmarks

I was excited to learn more about social bookmarking this week. As I had heard of del.icio.us, but not tried it, the lesson this week made me realize that it could be quite fun. I signed up for an account, and added a couple of sites that I like to follow. I realize that I could streamline A LOT of the time that I spend on the Internet by tagging sites, and organizing them through this. I believe that it's also a way to be able to learn about cool new sites through people that are on there as well.

For library use, I believe that this could be quite useful for staff and public alike. This could be an easy way for people to share sites that may relate to programs, discussions, or other events that the library offers. Even a library-specific account could be divided into categories based on DDS, that could be accessed by patrons that were interested in sites on the Web pertaining to tose subject headings.

1 comment: