I became familiar with Google Documents this semester. Being a distance graduate student, it's an effecient way to collaborate on group projects. It certainly beats attaching a document to an email, and volleying that back and forth! I think that applications such as these would be tremendous time savers in our system, especially for those on committees spread out across the system.
Google Calendar was discussed by a library system that presented last year at the VLA Paraprofessional Conference, and it sounded like a great way for staff to find out who's where. In our particular library, we have two, sometimes three, different calendars going for various staff members, and they are physically located in different spots in the library. By using this, I wouldn't have to leave the desk to find out where someone is, or when they will be on vacation!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

the parenting/cloth diaper forum that i frequent uses google docs for organizing swaps and co-ops.
ReplyDeletei've used it to track my little weight watchers group.
very cool, very useful.